Here's what we've been up to recently.
Beckett still loves cars, trucks and trains, but recently he's been really into playing with legos too. The boys got some legos for Christmas and Beckett always wants to play with them. His favorite things to build are towers, trucks, and a garage or house for his cars to park in.
I have to be honest, my lego building skills are not the greatest. Tagg is definitely Beckett's prefered lego building partner. The stuff he builds is way cooler than what I build. Also, when they are playing legos together, I'm not sure who's having more fun.
We've had the craziest winter. In January there were days that were in the 60s. The boys had fun playing outside, riding in the wagon and going on bike rides.
We also had days that were FREEZING! Snow, ice, sleet, you name it, we had. On those days we stayed inside and tried to stay warm.
Tagg got a lot of new tools for Christmas so he built himself a work table. He's anxious to start a few more projects when it warms up a bit and life slows down a bit.
Tagg found this hat in Griff's drawer and thought it was the funniest thing. I guess Griff liked it too.It seems like weeknights are so busy with church callings, service opportunities and life in general that we don't get to spend much time together. We've tried to spend more quality time doing things as a family on the weekends. One night we went and got Subway and went and ate at a play area that has a caboose. Beckett and Griff loved it.
Tagg's cousin, Tyson and his wife Sarah had a baby about 6 weeks after we had Griff. It's fun to get these little boys together to play since they are so close in age.
Tagg lookin' pretty studly in his new suit he got for Christmas. And I can't forget to mention how cute Griff looks in his onesie either!Beckett and I were kind of butting heads back in January so Tagg suggested I take Beckett out and spend some one on one time with him. I thought it was a great idea so I took him to lunch at Chick-fil-a. One of his favorite restaurants. I thought he would be so excited. However, we pulled in the parking lot and Beckett said, "I don't want Chick-fil-a. I want Taco Cabana." He kept saying this over and over again. I was a little annoyed, but it was our special afternoon together so I tried to brush it off and I figured once he had his food he'd be happy. Well, the next 45 minutes were a disaster. He proceeded to take a drink of Chocolate milk and then spit it out all over his clothes. He then did the same thing a few minutes later with french fries. Remember how this was supposed to be our special afternoon? Full of fun for just the 2 of us? My patience was running thin. Finally we turned in his toy to get ice cream. Beckett always wants ice cream. Well, not that day apparently. He wouldn't eat it. He took a spoonful and started wiping it on the wall. Really?? In my head I'm still trying to salvage our special afternoon together and summon every tiny ounce of patience that I still had. I told him to not do it again and had him wipe the ice cream off the wall. Next thing I know, he's staring me right in the eyes and ever so slowly moves his hand with the spoon full of ice cream towards the wall. He keeps his eyes locked on me as he then proceeds to wipe the spoon all over the wall...again. That's when I lost it. I threw everything away, scooped him up, gave him a little swat on the bum and took him to the car. So much for our special afternoon, right! All the other plans I had were not going to happen as we headed back home to instead take a nap. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has had an experience like that!
That evening, Ned and Gena offered to watch the kids while Tagg and I went on a date. We went to Cheescake Factory with a gift card Tucker and Amanda gave us. (Thanks again!) It was amazing and the Smores Cheesecake one of the best things I've ever eaten. Then we went to see The Saratov Approach. The movie about the Mormon missionaries that were held for ransom in Russia. It's a good movie and I recommend renting it if it never came to a theater near you.
After the movie was over, we got a call from Gena telling us that Beckett wasn't sleeping at all because his ear hurt. (Hopefully that explains his awful behavior earlier) Can I just say how nice it is to have a kid old enough to tell you what hurts so you don't have to guess. I felt so bad for him, but it was nice to know what was going on. Over the next few days, everyone took their turn being sick. Then, it seemed like as soon as we got everyone better, the sicknesses made one more round. Such is life with kids.
I could just eat those fat cheeks.
My parents came with Megan and Andrew over MLK weekend to see Brian Regan. He is so funny and it was a great show.
Gena and I took the boys to the Heard Museum while they had their dinosaur exhibit. Beckett was not too sure about those dinosaurs. We would get close to one and I'd stop the stroller and Beckett would say, "Okay, let's keep going!" He did not want to get out of the stroller to take this picture.
I love this picture. Totally makes me laugh.
Another notable thing that happened in January is that my sweet little baby turned 6 months! How did that happen! I have loved getting to know Griffin and his sweet, calm, funny personality. I'll do another post on just him and all he's doing now, but never in my life have 6 months passed so quickly.
Other than that, my life was just spent loving on these two crazy boys!















1 comment:
Oh - how I LOVE these blog updates! Love hearing about all of the cute, fun things going on in your family all the time. You are blessed!
Post a Comment