My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on April 12th. 40 years! That's awesome. I'm so lucky to have the parents I have. Heavenly Father sure knows what he's doing when he puts certain spirits into certain families. I have been blessed by their examples of what true love it. They've had some amazingly fun and amazingly hard experiences in their years together. However, through it all, they've relied on the Lord, relied on each other and made it all look easy. Tagg and I will hit the 6 year mark this summer. Only 34 more years until we'll be in my parents' shoes!
Derek made an amazing video at the request of my mom for her gift to my dad. The first time my mom showed me the video I bawled. I still get teary every time I watch it. It was so fun to see my parents as young 20 something year olds living life with young kids, just like I'm doing now. Sometimes I forget that my parents went through the same experiences that I'm going through. When I watched it for the first time it was crazy to see my parents 40 year marriage in just a few minutes. I also was crying because I realized that was going to be me in 34 more years. That seems like a long time, but I know it's going to go by so fast. My babies will be grown up and having babies of their own in what will seem like the blink of an eye. I know there are good things to every season in life, but I love the season I'm in right now. Poopy diapers, restless nights and all! I love having little ones around and I'm not ready for them to grow up!
Here's a link to the video if you want to watch it. One thing I also loved about this video (besides what babes my parents were (and still are)), is that everyone thinks Griffin looks like me! My boys are the cutest and I don't really care who they look like, but it is good to know they got some of me in them!
http://vimeo.com/89576647

No comments:
Post a Comment