I thought about having a little party for Beckett this year but I decided to wait at least one more year when he "gets it" more and can tell me who his friends are and who he wants to invite. Since we weren't having an official party we decided to go camping. Our last camping trip didn't go quite as planned but Beckett had a blast. We ended up having to go to Quick Trip to get some chips and hot dogs because our foil dinners burnt to a crisp. Well, apparently eating chips made quite the impact on Beckett because on our way home from San Antonio, I pulled into a Quick Trip and Beckett started talking about eating chips in the tent. That kid has such an amazing memory. Since Tagg and I had already decided we would go camping for his birthday I decided to plant the idea in Beckett's head with, "You liked camping didn't you? Wouldn't it be fun to go camping for your birthday?" Beckett was all for it and every time I talked to him about his birthday he would make sure he let me know we needed to eat chips in the tent.
That morning I made Beckett a giant chocolate chip pancake and he opened a few presents.
Tagg was able to get away for lunch so we took Beckett to Chick-Fil-A. That night we went camping. Tagg's family was able to come celebrate with us which made it extra special for Beckett.
Beckett got a train book from Tucker and Amanda. He's obsessed with it.
Griff had the best time! He was crawling around eating dirt, grass and sticks. He was exploring everything and he definitely enjoyed being outside.
Thank you for making this face Griffin and thank you Tagg for capturing it on camera.
And what would camping be without a game of catch with the football and baseball.
We roasted hotdogs and had chips and strawberries for dinner. For dessert we roasted starburst and had smores. Beckett wasn't too sure about the roasted marshmallow but he sure liked eating them straight out of the bag.It was a beautiful evening with perfect weather and we had a great time. It got super windy in the middle of the night unfortunately. The boys slept fine thank goodness, but Tagg and I didn't get much sleep. At least it wasn't cold like the last time we went camping.
It was so fun to listen to Griff wake up in the tent. We have a pretty big tent that has a room divider so I couldn't see him but I just heard him laughing and talking and cooing to himself. His legs kept kicking with excitement. I peeked in on him and he was just staring up looking outside at the trees and sky above him. I was lucky enough to capture this cute expression before I got him out of bed.
We had dutch oven cinnamon rolls for breakfast. And then just got things cleaned and packed up to head home.
On our drive home we stopped by these longhorns. That one in the picture was lying about 5-10 feet from the fence and I wanted to get a picture by him. Of course as soon as we got there he got up and moved away so the picture wasn't quite as cool as I wanted it to be. Beckett thought the "big cow" was pretty cool.
Sunday evening we had cake and ice cream at Ned and Gena's house.
I was pretty proud of how his cake turned out. I learned a few more things I need to do next time to make it look better. He was super excited about Dusty and that night told Tagg the best part of his birthday was Dusty.
At 3 years old Beckett weighs 40 pounds and is 38 inches tall. He is constantly on the move and loves to run around and be crazy. He still loves cars, trains and planes. Some of his favorite things to do are make Griffin laugh, play hide and seek, do puzzles, build train tracks, read books, and watch shows. His favorite shows are Cars, Cars 2, Planes, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Thomas the Train. He's mischievous, funny, happy, full of passion and he doesn't do anything halfway. It's all or nothing with him which can sometimes be a challenge, but it sure makes for a fun and interesting life. He takes the job of big brother very seriously. He's such a great helper and usually does his jobs (putting his clothes away, picking up his toys, and putting the silverware away) happily. He doesn't like the timer and he doesn't like you to count so just threatening those things usually is enough to make him pick up the pace if he's going too slow. He always wants to be happy and he always wants Tagg and I to be happy too. His favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus" and his current favorite book is "How to Train a Train." He loves playing with Griffin and me, but Tagg is by far his favorite play mate. Beckett's goodbye and goodnight ritual always includes a hug, kiss and high five. He has an amazing memory and will talk about things that happened before Griff was born. Whenever he talks about things in the past he always says, "Last night...." If it didn't happen today, in his mind it was last night. He talks like crazy and says new things all the time. I love this age where they are figuring out language and how to say things and use certain expressions. He'll say things that Tagg and I say and sometimes he says it correctly and sometimes he doesn't but it always makes us laugh. Whenever you do something for him he says, "Sanks" (thanks). He loves his "fruitcase" (suitcase) and rolls it all around the house. Every meal is lunch and every time he sleeps is nap time. As crazy as he is, he is full of sweetness. Just a few minutes ago he came out of bed crying and said, "I was missing you mom!" Last Sunday when I got ready for church he said, "You look handsome mommy!" He is just the best and I'm lucky to be his mom!My dear sweet Beckett,
I'm so happy you came into our family 3 years ago. You filled empty arms and a break in my heart that I never thought would be healed. You've taught me to love in ways I didn't know was possible You've helped me understand somewhat the love my Father in Heaven has for me. You let me make so many parenting mistakes on you, yet you always love me and forgive so quickly. Everyday is brighter and filled with more fun and happiness because you are here. Heavenly Father has big plans for you. I can feel it! I can't wait to see what lies in store for you. Happy 3rd Birthday.
Love,
Mom






No comments:
Post a Comment