March was a busy month. I guess every month is busy these days. Tagg was out of town for about 2.5 weeks for business so the boys and I tried to keep busy and pass the time with some fun activities. Tagg went to New Orleans towards the beginning of the month and then to Michigan and Chicago the last half of the month.
We've finally been having some warmer weather. It has been a cold winter and spring for us. Warmer than a lot of the country, but still cold for Dallas. We tried to take advantage of the warm days by going to the park or going on walks with the boys. My parents gave the boys this wagon for Christmas and they love it!
Griff likes to go for rides in the dump truck as well.Griff has developed such a personality over the past few months. He is the sweetest, happiest boy.
For St. Patrick's day, our friends invited us over for a little party. The kids got to play and search for treasure that the leprechaun hid. It was a fun get together and I'm glad we have fun and creative friends. Otherwise, the only thing my kids would've done for St. Patrick's day is wear green. And this is the best picture I could get of everyone in their green.
Griff is eating all kinds of food now. I believe this particular day it was blueberries.
Flint had an MRI here in Dallas to make sure his shunt was working properly so Jessica, Trayson and Flint stayed with us for a few days. It was a quick visit, but fun to have them here while Tagg was out of town. And luckily, everything is going extremely well for Flint. His shunt is working and he is smiling, laughing, and rolling over. All fantastic and amazing things for that little boy!
I could eat him up! He is so stinkin' cute.
Oh, and did I mention that we have a crawler on our hands. Griff started crawling the end of February. At that point it was the army crawl and pretty slow. But now he can get wherever he wants and he's quick.
So one afternoon I was getting the boys ready to go. I had put Beckett's shoes on and I was finishing getting Griff ready. I called for Beckett to go stand by the door so we could go. I didn't get any answer. I kept calling for him to come and nothing. I started to get a little nervous because Beckett always answers with an "I'm right here" or an "I'm coming mom." I walked around the house calling his name but I couldn't see or hear him anywhere. I glanced in his room and Griff's room and started another lap around the house. I started checking all the door that led outside, but they were all locked. I thought maybe he was hiding under his bed so I went in his room all the way and there he is...fast asleep on the floor in-between his dresser and his bed. He was hidden pretty well so I couldn't see him when I glanced in his room earlier. He must have been really tired to fall asleep that quickly.
The last week of March I decided to take the boys to San Antonio. Tagg was out of town so I figured it would be a good distraction and a fun visit to see my family. Beckett loved having a bubble bath in my mom's jacuzzi tub. I think this was actually the first time he's ever had a bubble bath. At first he wasn't sure about the bubbles because they were "dirty" on his hands. What can I say? This kid has issues with his hands being dirty. Apparently bubbles are dirty to him. My mom has a switch that turns the jets on and off and Beckett thought he was controlling it by hitting the side of the tub. It was hilarious to watch him hit the tub over and over again thinking he was turning the jets on and off when really my mom was flipping the switch.
Griff is a really good helper when it comes to unpacking.
And Beckett's favorite part of the trip was playing with my dad's childhood train. Usually this train is only out at Christmas, but Beckett is quite obsessed with it so my dad was nice enough to get it down and set it up for him. It was so neat to watch these two "play" with the train together. Unfortunately the train stopped working towards the end of our trip. Beckett had full faith that my dad would be able to fix it. When he realized that it couldn't be fixed, he was SO sad. He went and sat on my mom's lap and started crying. Hopefully next time it will be working again. The train is still the first thing he talks about when I ask him about Grammy and Gramps' house.
We decided to get season passes to Sea World this year. They were having a buy one get one free sale plus Beckett got a preschool age pass that was free. We're excited to go back a few more times this summer.
Watching the sea lion show.
The shamu show was nowhere near what it used to be. Because of the lawsuits against Sea World because of the trainer that was killed in Florida, the trainers aren't allowed to get in the water with the whales during the show. We got splashed pretty hard at one point which took Beckett and Griff by surprise. Neither one of them liked it, but Beckett kept telling me, "I okay Mom!" "I dry now."
Beckett was super excited to ride the roller coaster. I tried to take him on other rides but he only wanted to ride the roller coaster. All of the partying made for 2 tired boys. They both crashed on the way home.
I also took the boys to ride the train at Brackenridge Park. I had never ridden the train before but it was really fun. It was quite a long ride too. I think they said it was about 3.5 miles. Beckett was in heaven! He was especially excited that we went over a bridge and through a tunnel on the ride.
I love these 2 sweet boys of mine.
This also happened at the end of March. Griffin learned how to pull himself up so we have now lowered the crib mattress. Having the crib mattress low makes me feel like he's so grown up now.
I love when I go to stores and they have big carts like this. The boys love riding together and keep each other entertained.
This sweet little man gets into everything now that he's on the move and pulling himself up. He is trouble! Oh and on a side note, if I ever tell Beckett he's trouble he gets really sad and says, "I don't want to be trouble! I want to be happy!" Melts my heart. I don't know how I got so lucky to have such sweet little boys.
And here are the spoils Tagg brought back from his trip to Michigan. Talk about trouble! He went to Shipshewana, the amish community, while he was there and brought back all kinds of cheap food and candy. And yes, that is a 6 pound log of pepperjack cheese.
Beckett was really excited to show Griff his new bus that Tagg brought home for him.
I was so happy when Tagg got home from his long trip to Michigan. I don't know how single parents do it. Major props to them. I get so worn out and tired and my patience is often lacking. I love my boys, but I also really rely on help from Tagg to get me through the day. He's an amazing husband and father and I'm lucky to have him!

















No comments:
Post a Comment