Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter

The week leading up to Easter was super busy for us.  We realized the only night we would be able to dye eggs was Monday.  So we invited Gena over (Ned was out of town), and had a Family Home Evening egg dying night. Beckett loved dropping the eggs in each of the colors. 
We went to an Easter egg hunt with some friends from church.  They didn't have to do a lot of hunting because the eggs were just spread out all over the grass but Beckett still had a good time.
 Checking out all the candy he got.
Easter morning the boys checked out what the Easter bunny brought them.  We didn't really say anything to Beckett about the Easter bunny so he was surprised to see all these fun things when he woke up.
We went to church that afternoon. I sang "How Great Thou Art" with a few other girls.  We didn't have much time to practice because whoever was supposed to sing, backed out at the last minute. I think it ended up going pretty well though. I also taught the lesson in Young Womens.  It was on the Resurrection and the Savior. A perfect lesson for Easter Sunday.
I made the boys matching ties for church.  They turned out so cute and they looked pretty handsome.
 Could that smile get any cuter?
 I love these boys.
That evening we went over to Ned and Gena's for a yummy Easter dinner.
We hid eggs around their backyard and the kids got to go on another egg hunt. This was the best picture I got before the hunt started.
Beckett was pretty good at finding the eggs.  He sometimes needed a little guidance where to look, but he found quite a few and brought home lots of treats.
I love Easter and the chance we have to think about the Savior, his birth, life, atonement, and resurrection.  I'm so blessed to have the knowledge I have and to understand the Plan of Salvation. It's what makes life worth living.

1 comment:

Amanda Petersen said...

So many fun updates! You guys looked so fantastic on Easter. Those matching ties are to die for. I need you to make one for Liam one of these days. It was so fun to spend Easter with you guys and we are so glad to be so close to family. I can't believe how big both your boys are now. It's so fun to watch them grow up and I'm so glad we get to be here for it all. So fun to see all these cute pictures too. Love you guys!