Thank you Beckett for making this fantastic face!
We were also able to go to a Petersen Family Reunion while we were in Utah. Not everyone was able to make it, but it was fun to see so many from the Pete side of the family.
I'm so happy my kids will have fun memories of some of their great grandparents. Beckett was so excited when he realized that he and Grandpa Pete had the same shoes!
We got into the World Cup spirit and played a little bit of soccer.Griff seemed to grow up so much while we were in Utah. He started saying a few words, climbing on things, going up and down stairs, and blowing kisses. His first word was cheese. Not very exciting, I know, but super cute. When we'd pull out our phone to take a picture we'd hear, "eeeess". He also says ball (ba), uh oh and boo (peek-a-boo). He copies a lot of other sounds but doesn't use them in context yet (like mama and dada).
And this time he was crawling around with crackers in his mouth instead of a ball.
Tagg was able to take Beckett 4-wheeling with a few of his uncles. Beckett was a little uncertain at first (mostly because of the helmet) but he ended up having a great time.
The drive was apparently so relaxing that Beckett feel asleep on the way up and the way back. I'm telling you, this kid has my sleep ability. I wish I could still sleep the way I used to. Having kids totally messed me up.
We got back to Fielding late one night and we found this taped to our door. It's a score card from a game we played (and lost) with Grandma and Grandpa Pete. Grandpa thought he would tape it to our door as a reminder.
We had such a fun few days with Grandma and Grandpa Pete and we look forward to our next visit.We spent some time in Logan also. We had a fun game night with my extended family but I didn't take any pictures. We went to Zach's grave a few times also. We didn't get pictures the first time we went and the second time the sprinklers were on so we never left the car. The last time we went, the sun was directly in our eyes and the shadows were awful so we didn't get great pictures. It was nice to be there as a family and talk to our boys more about the brother they will never know in this life. One day they'll get it, but until then, we'll just keep telling them about him.
It makes me so happy to know we have family that takes care of his grave since we can't be there. I wish we could visit more often, but I'm grateful for the few chances we've had to be there as a family.
The drive home was long. We stopped in Amarillo again to break up the drive. The boys loved being able to play for a while so Tagg could work before we made the final drive home.
Can you tell these 2 are related?
It was nice to be home from our trip to Utah but right after we got back, we turned around and headed to San Antonio for 4th of July. More on that next.








1 comment:
Looks like you guys had such a fun time. It felt like you guys were gone forever and your boys really did grow up so much while you gone. So glad you got to spend so much time with family. I'm sure you made such wonderful memories. You'll be amazed how much Beckett will remember. I'm always surprised at what Liam remembers. So fun. I'm so glad you guys were able to do so many fun things. Love that picture of Tagg and Beckett asleep in the car. They look like twins. So cute!
Post a Comment