Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Day of Free Food

On July 11, Chick-Fil-A gave out free meals if you dressed like a cow.  We LOVE Chick-Fil-A so we decided to do it for lunch.  They made it super easy by putting stuff on their website that you could just print out and tape to you.  Here's Tagg with the boys after we ordered.
That evening we went and got our free slurpee from 7-11. It was a big hit!
Darcy's birthday is on 7-11 but Liam was sick so we had to move her party to Saturday instead.  Amanda made this super cute cake and we had a little swim party.  
These 2 are either the best of friends or fighting like crazy.  They are both so funny and silly together. 
The boys wanted to have a cannon ball competition to see who created the biggest splash so they all jumped in at the same time.
 It just created one big splash though so we're not really sure who's splash was the biggest.
Beckett has become so confident in the water this summer.  As long as he has his life jacket on he'll jump right in and swim around the pool all by himself.  Next summer we'll have to put him in swim classes so he can swim without the life jacket.
I tried to get a picture with my boys all dressed up for church but this is the best we got.  I sure love these 2.  They are challenging and hard at times, but they make me so happy!
Seriously!!! So handsome!
Griff's been a little LOT clingy and emotional the past week so Tagg had the idea for me to take Beckett to see Planes Fire and Rescue over the weekend so I could have some time away from Griff and spend some time with Beckett.  I was pretty excited about the idea and I knew Beckett would be excited too.  Beckett did keep saying he wanted to go to the movie with Daddy instead of me, but it was still fun to have some one on one time with him. He asked if he could take his Dusty Crophopper airplane with us to the movie and he held on to it the entire time.  He would even "fly" it in the air when Dusty was flying in the movie.
Ready for the movie to start.  Tucker, Amanda, Liam and Darcy came too.
He was so excited to pick out one treat to take to the movie.  He chose Peanut M&Ms.  Yummy!
So Beckett is the funniest person to watch a movie with.  He gets so into it and laughs so hard.  He also wants to make sure I'm watching the movie. "Mom, did you see that?" or "Mom, watch!" are often things he says to me. There was a preview for the movie "Paddington" and I wish I could've recorded Beckett watching it.  I can't even really explain it but he was laughing hysterically and loudly through the whole thing.
On Monday, for Family Home Evening Tagg did a lesson about missionary work.  They boys were excited about their missionary name tags.
We tried to get a picture and these are probably the best 2 we got.  Pretty awesome huh!
Tagg challenged us to do some missionary work this week and I extend that challenge to you. Talk to someone about the gospel, give someone a Book of Mormon, share a Mormon Message on Facebook.  Just do something to share your testimony with others. Missionary work is something that I struggle with.  I love the gospel and know without a doubt that it is true, but it's hard for me to talk to others about something so precious to me.  I fear they will reject the thing that is most important in my life and that's hard for me.  I'm trying to be brave and I'm trying to keep my eyes open to see when opportunities present themselves.  Hopefully you are doing the same (or better!). 

No comments: